May 4, 2010

1/144 HGUC NZ-666 Kshatriya (WIP)

So After watching Gundam UC eps 1 which is mainly a show for NZ-666 Kshatriya, I was in love with it. A rush to the nearest gunpla store that i know of, only to found out that it's no more in stock T_T Thank goodness Arrel offered his help to get this kit from Jakarta :D




And so there you go! I got the kit on 27 March 2010. Yay! \^^/

 A quick glimpse inside the box. This kit surely got a lot of parts for a 1/144 scale, the toughest kit I have so far! Wonder how long this gonna take me..
So basically the majority parts is soft green and dark green, the rest is white, yellow, grey & black. I don't really like the soft green color parts, it looks pale. And so decided to repaint, in which it'll be my first time painting a gunpla ^^;
Of course I don't have Airbrush kit. And so being the cheap guy that I am, I bought spray cans! ingenious cheap bastard! Bought bamboo sticks, and a week after I got my hands on primer (too late on the 1st set already painted)
Arrel taught me to use a double tape combine with the stick for the parts that don't have fitting hole, genius! :D
I used Bosny spray pine green color to repaint the soft green. Almost finished 3 cans, since I redo-ed on some parts. Really suck on it for the 1st time.


This is one of reason i have to redo, cause too late finding primer for plastic. Yes again being the cheap guy..instead of buying tamiya primer, I went to a hardware store to get some unknown plastic primer :p Maybe this is why I got difficulties on getting good n consistent result ? I should try a tamiya primer one day to compare..
These are some of the result. The parts on the left look so shiny, cause I sprayed too much :( The part on the right is what I'm aiming for. Actually I decided to repaint the dark green parts also during the work, since I got myself a nice pearl green color spray can. But I forgot to take pictures :p
I think I was totally drunk when I decided to do mask paint this armor -_- Just use my bare hands to shape the mask and use the black marker to put some border. If you look from the front it's not symmetric, that's why i took picture from this angle hahaha ;p And I did this before I repainted with pearl green, so this part alone has different color -_-
Should've been stickers that cover this hand armor parts, but I decided to throw them and painted with gold marker.
And so after all the hard work of painting finished, I nipped all the parts and ready for the final step! Yaay! \^^/










I learned a lot from this work, that is I really need to learn more about painting hahaha XD The result is not consistent, so look bad when they joint together -_- Hopefully not too noticeable on photos *pray*
The entirety of the build up will be on the next post, after I feature Kshatriya on my other blog. Dont wanna spoil the grand appearance of Kshatriya on the Gundam Story XD

5 comments:

Arrel said...

Can't wait to see the finished model ^_^

arashi said...

Don't make us wait too long, Cyan-sama ^o^

We want moaarrr....

huamulan said...

Must say, I really admire the dedication ^^ Now I really should watch Gundam UC...

KF said...

Master cyan...
give us the finished model...

Cyan said...

hehe thanks guys for encouraging me.. I'll do some lining first before showcasing ^^
it shouldn't take so much time.. *right?* :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails