October 27, 2012

MG RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee


Wow, it's almost three months after my last post, hahaha. Sooo busy with my work at the office and the 'take home' work. Actually the banshee was finished a week after that last post, minus the decals, but some event and weakness of this kit render me disappointed.


First, I broke the fold-able V fin, so I have to swap the V fin every time I changed this kit between the unicorn and destroy mode. Not a big deal though. Second, I don't know about the other banshee out there, but the armors of mine are very flimsy. The shoulders, the arms, knee, the heels, and the claws. They easily detached when I pulled/touched them to transform this kit.

And the last is saggy joints. What's wrong Bandai? I usually got saggy joints months after I extensively posed my kits. My Zeta Plus' joints even still stiff after years.
Yes, the hands—especially the 'boxing glove'—are heavy, so I can't complain too much.
But what about the waist. The lock mechanism didn't work well, it easily detached. The knee, and the most important: the ankle, they all saggy right after I finished built this kit. Got a hard time just to make it stand up straight.

Really ruin my mood to finish it completely, until last week, hahaha.
Glued some flimsy armors, took apart the feet, fixed the joints, put the decals and stickers, and finally spray it with top coat (after spray the V fins, face, and 'mane' parts with bronze color).
Finished? No!
The nozzle of my clear spray paint annoy me. The test spray was nice, but right when I spray the parts, the paint gushed like spits, leaving white dot stains at the front skirt, the backpack, and the foot. I have to compound it to minimize the stains before bought another clear spray paint.


UNICORN MODE

 Front view. Simple blocky design. I like it.
I hope the yellow inner frames part was completely hidden, but it's ok.


Back view.


Side views


 Banshee's runners are almost exactly same like Unicorn's.
The shield's parts are there, so I built it too


The unfolded shield.


The shield can be stored at the backpack.


Still menacing even in unicorn mode.


DESTROY MODE

The glorious destroy mode!
Where's the armed armors you asked? I changed it with the normal hands (leftover parts).
I prefer this way. It look simpler ^__^


 Back view.
The backpack's transform mechanism is very simple.



 


Did you know that the yellow psycho frame was built with special materials that can glow when illuminated by black light (UV lamp)? I don't have a UV lamp unfortunately.


 Nice decals & stickers.
Not too much but still visible with white and yellow colors.


In term of pose or articulation, albeit better than the Unicorn ver Ka. this kit is not special,
The knee can bend about 90 degree, the elbow a bit more, the head movement a bit hindered by the 'collar', and the waist can rotate.


Green beam sabers from MG Wing.


 Armed Armor BS & VN equipped!


 Armed Armor BS


Armed Armor VN


The 'BS'  doesn't have much gimmick. Just a fold-able beam smart gun.


 The 'VN' is a bit better. The uncool boxing glove became a scary psychoframed claw that can rip a mobile suit (remember what happened with the delta plus?).


Size comparison with MG Wing Zero Custom & RG RX 78-2.
The unicorn mode is about 2 cm shorter.
 
The flimsy armors and saggy joints can be annoying and troublesome to some beginner, but if you are a UC fans and can fix it, I think Banshee is a worthy collection. It can look cool by just standing there doing nothing.
 
 
A little bonus pics:
a sexy Kamen Rider, hahaha




If figma Kos-Mos has 'dat ass', figma Rider has 'dat bewbs'
XD




Related Posts with Thumbnails