June 6, 2011

Practicing Seam Line Removal

I tried seam removal for the first time yesterday.. I did it on RX-79 blue destiny cause I'm not sure what's going to happen (poor BD) :-s

Basically I did these:
- Dissembled the parts to be fixed, in this case shoulder of RX-79 BD 3.
- Applied plastic cement on the edges
- Joined them again and squeezed. The edges melted to each other.
- Waited until dry and we are left with the excess melted plastic instead of seam gap.
- Sanded the excess plastic with sanding stick until the excess gone. Then smoothed with finer grit sandpapers. Sanded like crazy!
- Painted with primer.




Shoulder of RX-79 BD 3

The part which I highlighted used to have seam lines, now it's gone :)
I still need to get the right sanding tools and technique.. It's tiring ^^;
I'm gonna practice one or two times again before doing it on Seravee.
Ooh I found this tutorial also, very good one to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXTK9KdRQN4
Related Posts with Thumbnails